Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
steph19107

Angry Methadone clinic rules, regulations, policies question

Hello Everyone. I really need everybody who reads this to give me some advice or information. everybody knows something even if you think its something small i want to learn everything i can.
i am considering about fighting against a methadone clinic in Philadelphia. if your from philly you already know everyone says you cant fight a methadone clinic because they can do whatever they want. well im sick of it.
what do you think of this. someones on a methadone clinic for 3 years, never been in trouble.
get take home bottles and have had clean urine tests for 2 1/2 years. one day this person goes to get dosed and is on hold. so they go to the counselor and find out they are bring discharged because they got a magazine in the mail at the clinic in there name but in care of the counselors name. so the director gives this client the choice. if you go quietly and don't appeal or cause a fuss you can pick whatever clinic in philly you want to be transferred to but if you appeal or fight this we will give you a 21 day detox if you loose. and the detox starts the day you file the appeal. were going to give you 48 hours to decide.
so the client being scared to detox said, ok i will go quietly. the next day comes and the client goes in to get dosed and their told. the director decided to keep you hear even though you didn't appeal. we reviewed the case and saw the bill for the magazine was paid and that you have been getting mail here for 2 years. we are giving you a new counselor this is her name go meet with her.
a week goes by and the client goes to get dosed one day and is on hold again. the director meets with the client and says i reviewed the case a little more and i see that even though you were allowed to get mail here you were never told you could get it in care of your counselors name and i decided i am discharging you. and went on to explain the appeal process. the client said well if i don't appeal and go quietly don't i get the chance to pick the clinic i want to go to. the director said no that was the offer last week and its not the offer now. we will decide if we are going to transfer or detox you and if we transfer you we will decide where.
now this client who was clean for almost 3 years came home from that clinic high, not only that didn't go to work tonight and has locked herself in the bedroom since early this afternoon.
so now, i want to know. how do i fight this clinic, i had enough of them and the **** they are putting my family threw. i know once my wife feels better she will want to fight for herself too but i want to know every policy, every regulation every standard,for methadone clinics in Pennsylvania and Philly. I want to know every advocate, every organisation, every group who helps people on methadone when the clinics treat them badly. i would greatly appreciate any advice any of you might have.