Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I don't think so. Bringing up her return to drinking was not relevant to discussion at hand. It appeared to me to be "putting her in her place" and if it appeared that way to me, it's quite possible it appeared that way to others, regardless of your true intent. You can couch it and talk around it anyway you'd like, but the word "failure" does carry a rather negative connotation in our society. You know that, so we don't have to pretend here.

This isn't about me, Robby. This is about others reading your words as a self-identified member of AA.
Soberlicious, I'm allowed to have an opinion of whatever about whatever, as long as that opinion does not take something away from someone else, leaving them otherwise used and abused by me.

My opinion about others returning to drinking is a fair enough opinion in a recovery thread. A return to drinking is failure in my understanding of what is success in not drinking. It can't be more simple then that.

Your projection that I was "putting her in her place" is absolutely about how you see my opinion, and not about me. Your comments speak more about YOU then they do me.

As for what others are reading, you're not the Gatekeeper, soberlicious. Each person must experience for themselves what is what when they read these threads.

There is no requirement for thought police at SR.