Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by SoberKnitter View Post
It seems that many - including yourself and Robby - are practicing their own, modified versions of AA. This isn't a bad thing, but it does make it troublesome to talk about. I suppose I can call myself a Catholic and believe it to be so, but it will confuse the bejeesus out of people when I say that I don't believe in any of the church's doctrines, or that I find my Catholicism to be perfectly compatible with my job at an abortion clinic or a gay bar.
You see, there it is right there. I am NOT doing a modified kind of AA. What I am doing is totally being myself, as myself, which is absolutely allowed within AA. All of us are free to "do" the program any way we see fit for ourselves as long as we don't change the words in the steps themselves. My interpretation of those words is entirely my own business, though.

No one person or interpretation speaks for AA. We each can safely and without penalty have our own way of experiencing the AA program.

I'm very sure of my way, very little doubt remains. I have extremely high confidence in my experiences, and I have the results to back me up, so I'm very sure of my practice of the AA program.

Same with AVRT, for that matter.

I am not speaking for AA/AVRT. I'm speaking for myself.