Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
You obviously have a strong opinion on something that you personally have never experienced. Hmmm...that is curious indeed.

The literature does not speak in terms of success/failure. It's progress, not perfection. The quote above is your opinion, stated as fact.

There is a reason for using words like "not a lot of success" and "failure". The intent wasn't lost on me, Robby, nor was it lost on the poster, or the many lurkers here. It's that kind of subtle undermining that might make one wonder about wanting "AA sobriety".
I have always talked about creating success out of failure, so, I'm only being myself when I talk with these terms. Failure is as real as is success, in my life and experience, and failure can be very useful and valuable in achieving later success. I call it as I see it for myself. Failure is not a dirty word, for me. If it is for some others, so be it.

As for you saying a certain intent on my part wasn't lost on you, on the poster, or on lurkers, you really need to just say it out plainly. Saying my use of failure is undermining is pure projection on your part about my intent.

And of course I have experienced failure. A return to drinking does not make people into failures of course, but drinking after years of not drinking is failure to not return to drinking, and that is important: drinking is absolutely NOT in any way a part of recovery, for any reason, for me.

Progress does not mean drinking is included as a positive progress. Progress means challenges in sobriety do not have to be met with perfection, imo.

I'm not selling or otherwise offering my ideas on AA sobriety to be taken up by others. I'm only sharing my experiences with being who I am as a recovered alcoholic drug addict, and how I have become recovered.

It's really not important to me if you want what I have or don't want it, soberlicious. You should want what you have for yourself. I can admire or not what others have, but I want my own, not theirs. The more people have for themselves what they themselves want, the more they will enjoy their own happiness and success while not drinking.

Like I said, I'm not any AA/AVRT poster child.