Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
fini

whoa, have read the rest.
and have such conflicting emotions right now, and thoughts...

not a teaching thread, no, of course not.
but for myself, knowing how often i have been confused in this journey and been grateful over the years when someone has borne with me through those confusions and has tried many different ways of saying what they're saying until i could finally get it. or some of it.
and then, too, knowing that i personally was entirely incapable of understanding some things some people said to me until i could put aside my convictions and make space; until i spent time reading, re-reading, thinking, and yeah, asking a lot of questions. covering the same ground for ages.

so yeah, i get it when people say they're confused and find it confusing. and a week, a month, six months later are still confused about the same thing someone else has been saying all that time.

and i get the frustration and ****-off and hurt when personal experience is being questioned in this kind of , uh..."scientific prove-it-to-me-buddy-i'm-catching-you-in-a-contradiction" way.

what to do?
for myself, if i'm confused and really can't figure, i'll ask. not always, but i try to. i'll ask because i want to understand. and sometimes the way i (or others) ask is mistaken as combativeness. there's that.

but crumbs, there's nothing much better than someone really interested in understanding. and working on that regardless of confusion.

oh gee, i do go on so sometimes. sigh.
in any case, Robby, not a teaching thread, but lots to learn
i'm very glad you're sharing the to-me-intriguing way your way works for you. seeing what's possible in a program i saw as mostly rigid. you've widened the parameters for me.
and i hope there's still room for people's questions.