Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Received View Post
I attended AA faithfully for 8 years and never once heard the term AA Sobriety used.

What IS this elusive AA sobriety?

On one hand you say AA is about QUITTING and AA Sobriety yet later you say AA has nothing to do with quitting.

If it's confusing to me, who attended and worked the program of AA for all those years, I am left to assume a possible new comer could be left extremely confused and vulnerable.

Most important of all, is what I mentioned earlier; What is "AA Sobriety"?
Like I've said again and again, I am defining what AA sobriety is to me. I don't friggin care if you've never heard about it before or not. Your hearing about it NOW. If you don't agree, say so, and be done with me. Write me off as a whatever, and move on. Don't keep asking me over and over again about this elusive experience for YOU. For me, its all very real!

You attended AA for years, and still ended up drinking. And you want me to do what with that? I believe you returned to drinking, is what I'm doing with it, not a lot of success there for me, okay?

I'm saying AA is about both quitting and sobriety. BOTH. AA is not just about quitting. Or just about sobriety. It is about BOTH together. Doing AA successfully is doing BOTH TOGETHER.

AVRT is only about QUITTING.

There is no way you are being confused by what I'm saying. You don't agree, okay. Confused? NO WAY.