Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
I simply asked how you could be forever done with drinking unconditionally, and at the same time, state that without using AA you would, in no uncertain terms, return to drinking. That's all.
AA for me is not about drinking or not. Its only about a working solution for my alcoholism. There are many ways to simply stop drinking unconditionally. AA is loaded with conditions because its not just about quitting drinking. I understand how that works because I have AA sobriety. AA has no conditions for quitting alcohol actually. It's all about life after quitting where the conditions come into play. This is my experiences with AA. You may not agree, or appreciate, or even believe me. What is absolutely clear is you have no personal experience with AA sobriety, so don't tell me how my AA sobriety is or is not experienced in my life. You read some books, met some members, went to some meetings, whatever you did -- you have never met me f2f, and you have no idea of how I experience the differences between just not drinking, and AA sobriety. I'm words on a screen, and unfortunately, you refuse to be open minded about my experiences.

As for just quitting, if one puts their mind to it, to quit drinking, it can be done, end of story. You think just because I also practice AA, that for some reason I can't also just quit drinking?? You do have experience with just quitting, and so do I too. I quit before I started with AA. Read my words, and stop pretending that you somehow have caught me in something that I'm not able to live with truthfully.

I am not just another AA guy, lol. I'm also not just another AVRT guy, either. I have absolutely morphed both into my life so as to give me maximum benefits. I'm at once and the same time both a non-drinker and also AA sober simultaneously. I also have other practices morphed into my not drinking and my spiritual sobriety besides AA and AVRT. All of it has a commonality for me: they have all been tailored to what I want and need, and not just what was originally offered or what I may have originally started with initially.

As for returning to drinking, my alcoholism would come out of remission without my practice of AA program, this is simply being truthful. I'll never change my mind about having my alcoholism, so its a done deal that I practice AA program, or deal with the return to my active alcoholism.

I know people in this thread would/have hung on and not drink for months and perhaps even years, white-knuckling, while their unhappy life went on without alcohol. Not me. It was either drink or don't drink. I didn't ****-a-round wanting to drink and instead be doing something else.

Everyday since July 22, 1981, I didn't want to drink enough to successfully not drink. If I had wanted to drink more then not drink, I would have drank. Period.

The idea that I am being told I'm not making sense from people who themselves have experienced failure with their not stopping drinking, after TRUTHFULLY admitted to themselves they have a drinking problem, and they still have relapsed again and again, is absolutely ridiculous, to me.

I've never failed in quitting alcohol after I admitted to myself I have an alcoholic problem and I must quit or else die drunk. Yes, there were times I certainly moderated between my drinks. Stop and go, sure. But once I honestly, and truthfully accepted I was going to die drunk if I didn't quit, I friggin quit!! That may mean nothing to anybody, but it certainly means something to me.

Yes, others say they were going to die, and so they quit too. Yeah, and many of them also returned to drinking too.

Don't tell me, in so many words, you've been where I've been with not drinking, and with sobriety. We are not the same persons whatsoever. I drank half my life, then successfully quit at 24. I've now been sober and a non-drinker for 30+ years without slipping or stumbling around waiting for my life to catch up to me. My life continues to improve as always since I quit drinking. I don't have stories to share about my life going backwards again after quitting drinking. Its always going forward. I've also got the changed life to back up my claims. I have simply come so far compared to my drinking days, it's absolutely beyond awesome. I'm much more then just a guy who quit drinking one day, and still trying to get a life going. I already have the life.

I don't really care about explaining myself to people who refuse to accept my experiences as they are presented. I accept you have indeed many experiences, soberlicious, but you don't have mine.

What may be impossible for you, and others, is obviously not for me, and hasn't been for decades now, lol.

This thread is starting to be a lousy drag... I've gone over this again and again and again.

WOW.

Believe or don't believe me, but stop with the putting me in the same friggin box that you think is so great for YOU but makes me want to throwup!!

You don't like boxes?

Please.