Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

I am speaking from real experience of using both AVRT and AA program. They are not in conflict with each other as far as using them both to ensure a non-drinking lifestyle. Where AVRT is about QUITTING, and AA is about SPIRITUAL SOBRIETY, no conflict exists. Surely, you can see AVRT has no opinion on spiritual matters, yeah?

However, I'm not deaf to the rhetoric of AVRT railed against AA, and the 12 step recovery model. At the end of the day though, it is just rhetoric. Like I've always said, I ignore the rhetoric.

I also have not returned to drinking, even though the rhetoric of RR:AVRT says should have happened to me, because of my alcoholism, and my AA 12 steps. And yet, here I am: sober.

In fact, I've never slipped, fallen, returned to drinking, from the first day I ever quit drinking AFTER asking for outside help, and that is not a common experience. Many people in AA return to drinking while in AA. Not me. Many persons return to drinking while with AVRT too. Not me.

The only experience that happens while "doing" both AA and AVRT is that my alcoholism causes a steady feeding for my BEAST, and this causes a steady resource for Addictive Voice.

Big Deal.

AV is a perfectly normal thinking process, and according to RR:AVRT is the actual addiction itself.

Well guess what?

Since I already embrace I am addicted to alcoholism ie I am an alcoholic drug addict, my AV also being what RR considers is the single and only source for my addiction, perhaps you can see how I won't get bent out of shape with something that defines what I already have accepted.

And if you can't get your head around any of that...

So what... you're not me, yeah?