View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 11:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
devastated

Re: Sadness has set in

Originally posted by Morning Glory
I am really feeling sad about my son. He calls me every other day to say hi and let me know what he's doing. He tells me where he found a place to stay for that night and makes sure I have each phone number.

I asked him how he is eating and he just says people are giving him food.

It just breaks my heart that he doesn't have a home and security and things that people should have. It breaks my heart that he doesn't get the connection between his drinking and his consequences and that he can't take care of himself better than this.

So I'm feeling a lot of grief because I love him and always will and want better things for him than he is capable of giving himself right now.

It's so much easier to accept my own pain than his pain. I wish I could just carry it for both of us. I know I can't though.

I know you all know how I feel. It just makes it feel better to talk about it.

Hugs to all,

MG

Hi MG:

Just read your thread posted on 10/31 about how sad you are and so full of pain. Boy, I sure can relate to your pain. You said "It's so much easier to accept my own pain than his pain" and this made me think! I do believe that we are not only accepting and carrying our pain, but their pain as well! Maybe this is why we can't seem to snap out of it! I don't know, but at least your boy sounds like he cares about you somewhat since he calls and tells you were he is. Doesn't that mean he doesn't want you to worry? I don't know, I'm the type that looks for anything positive to hang on to. My son always calls just to tell me how much he hates me...just this morning as a matter of fact. Bet mine wouldn't call if things were going well. My son is adopted! Had him since he was 3 days old. No Mother could have loved a child more than I love this one. No Mother could have hung in as long as I have. I can't seem to get it through my head that I've done nothing but cripple this child by protecting him from the time he was born till the present 40 years old in a few days! I just found this website and I keep reading and praying to make us all strong and our children as well. I'll pray for your boy too! Hugs: Devastated