Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
That's not what you said yesterday. You said (what you pretend to be) AVRT would fail to keep you from drinking if you stopped your AA beliefs. And, of course, that's not AVRT.
I did not say or give example of what it would mean if I stopped my AA beliefs. I would never stop my AA beliefs, GT. In fact, I went on to say I would not disavow myself of my AA beliefs on alcoholism, and because I would not do so, AVRT would indeed fail me as an effective way to quit drinking on its own. AVRT is simply not enough on its own, for me. It does though serve me well enough as is, notwithstanding my alcoholism.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
My AA beliefs have no remarkable opinion, if you will, on my AVRT results. My practice of AVRT absolutely treats my embracement of my alcoholic illness as pure Addictive Voice, as is totally expected when using AVRT.

Other then that distinction, no problemo.

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
My AA defined spiritual sobriety is conditional on me embracing alcoholism as an illness, as defined by AA. This is wholly different then simply being in abstinence.

My Big Plan is simply a decision to forever now quit drinking, and never change my mind. There are no conditions on my QUITTING drinking. Like any one else, I too can just quit, yeah?

On my sobriety, there are, of course, actual conditions. AA is not about abstinence, its about AA sobriety. I recall you generally talking about in various posts how AA program was not for you, even after many years, so perhaps you just can't understand the obvious differences of AA spiritual sobriety, and AVRT resultant abstinence. It's like night and day differences for me, and has been for decades now.

As for drinking again, my practice of the AA twelve steps keeps my alcoholic illness in remission, and so then my alcoholic mind remains un-empowered too. Without my alcoholism in check, I would return to drinking, sooner or later. Alcoholism illness is not just a kind of AVRT Beast in disguise. I'm free to have these views, and I'm also successful with them too. AVRT would fail me because I would not reverse myself, and in that reversal, disavow myself from being an alcoholic.

AVRT simply "sees" my alcoholism as just more Addictive Voice, and nothing but AV. There is no mystery here. It's not like the sky is falling because I have AV, lol.

Practicing AA does give my AVRT Beast a constant feeding of course, and so what? AV is a perfectly normal thinking process. Experiencing AV, no matter how strong or relentless, can never in itself make me ever return to drinking, so no big deal being a recovered alcoholic drug addict who "does both" AVRT, and AA program.

I suppose if I did return to drinking, you'd quickly remark that I never did have a true Big Plan. Well, its been 30+ years and here I am, with a Big Plan, and my practice of the AA program, and my deep enjoyment of AA.

I'll never ever drink again, GT. I've been saying that same thing years before Rational Recovery came onto the scene, and years before AVRT proper was published for public awareness.