View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RoseTinted

Newbie - husband relapsed on cocaine

Apolgies, i am reposting this from the newcomer forum as its probably more appropriate here.
I feel so sad and angry.
My husband as everything he has ever wanted. A wife, home, beautiful child. He admitted his problem with coke 10 months ago and had stayed sober since then until last night.
I am visiting my mum 70 miles away and left him home. I wake up this morning to a phone call from his dad as he's been admitted to hospital due to overdose on painkillers.
Last night he sat in our family home by himself and took a load of coke, then unable to sleep because of it took a full pack of paracetamol. What on earth was he thinking!? I can only imagine if it ha killed him and me and our daughter found him.
I am angry, I don't want to see him. He ends help, he knows he needs help but I don't know if I can stay with him through it. He recently stopped drinking as well and had started to be one a much happier, stable person, things were good. Then this.....
It's like he just can't live a happy, normal life he jut as to destroy it every time.
Our daughter is only 2.5, she s the bes thing ya ever happened to me and I don't want her growing up in this kind of life.
I know I should probably leave him but I'm worried that if I do e ay either get much worse or realise he needs to fix this.
Is an addict always an addict s ths going to keep happening?
I am so confused by ths all. I don't know what to do for the best!
He is still in hospital and will be there for a couple more days