View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Originally Posted by bob8619 View Post
My dad doesnt drink its just if he is expecting company he will buy beer for them. He still finds no error in doing so even though I tried to explain that my brother should not drink, he just says he cant control him which I agree with but I don't believe that means just go provide booze for someone in recovery. Maddening is what this is! I like your titanic analogy
Well I guess your Dad's right in a way.....he can't control him. If he's providing a range of beverages (alcohol free as well) to a group of company (and your brother just happens to be one of them), he is being a host and your brother will drink or not....it's up to him. The best thing you can do is continue on your own path of sobriety. Sometimes people pay more attention to our actions than they do to our words.

To re-answer your question about whether your dad is codependent, perhaps not but I still stand by my answer that he is being insensitive to a person in early recovery. But there's not really anything you can do about it.

gentle hugs
ke