View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
You are saying "I will never drink again because ...[something/anything of your choice]."
I am saying I will never drink again NOT because of ANYTHING.
Perhaps I should have said, "I made my BP because...".

We had a nice dinner last night. Pennsylvania has strange liquor license laws. Many restaurants can't get one, but they can allow patrons to bring their own wine into the restaurant for a nominal 'corkage fee'. (I know it's nominal since I picked up the tab last night. Made me wonder if they would still call it a corkage fee if you brought in a screw top bottle. I also wondered if someone wanted to bring in whiskey if that was allowable. Then I wondered if this was AV or if this was just my inquisitive nature.)

After dinner we went back to father-n-law's for some more conversation. An aunt and uncle were also with us. They all drank wine. I felt more comfortable last night than the previous night. Might have been that there were more people, might have been having not been in the car for 9 hours on Friday like I had been Thursday.

My wife seemed especially irritable on the drive home. I was driving, but I don't know my way around this town, so she had to give directions. She was unusually snitty and grumpy about it. Maybe she is always like that when she has had a bottle of wine to drink and I have never noticed before because I was always way ahead of her.

Father-in-law seems to have not had any more to drink after we left Thursday night. But most of us know how easy it would have been to have hidden it if he had. Of course, he had a doctor's appointment the following day, so maybe that kept him in check. He has a strong interest in maintaining a clean bill of health and continuing to live on his own.

Breakfast at the home of an old pal of my wife's this morning. A hike in a park this afternoon. Not sure what we are doing this evening, but it will involve wine. It always does when we are here.