View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
fruitymarzipan

Hi there. I love reading and am also a vegetarian, not gone the whole vegan thing yet! Im day 3 of detox feel like death warmed up and plan (much to my kids horror) on spending the day on the sofa so I will see if I can order it on my Kindle. I have just finished 'High Sobriety' by Alice King. Dont know if you will have heard of her, probs not as she is only really a household name in the UK. She was a wine critic for our biggest high end supermarket, wine writer & household name. She grew up in France, so was brought up indulging in wine etc from an early age. She beacame famous in wine circles from a young age, attending glittery lifestyle parties etc, she basically convinced herself most of her life that getting para on champagne and expensive wine does not an alcoholic make!!! She thought alcoholics were only people lying with cans on park benches. Its a funny read, she does try to intersperse comedy with the reality. Ends up in recovery and AA and changes her life. Highly recommend it. xx