View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
munchkin05

Yup, we know tod. We've been working (well no mostly me) to make sure that we're both reasonably healthy and I've been stocking up on the OTC medicines the clinic allows us to get. We'll not have to buy Tylenol, Motrin or Benadryl for a while now!
Yeah, I agree with you. Hubby is baaaaaaaddd at procrastinating. I do it sometimes but not as much. (like my study. That is a room I really need to work on. So much filing and shredding to do. Sigh)
Yup, I like my knife! I showed DS how sharp it is by stabbing a piece of paper and then slicing it up. His eyes went as round as saucers. LOL

You know, I've mentioned it a few times here online, some here at work. This is why I have been paying off my bills so quickly. This is why I've been stocking up food. This is why I've been saving up.
Because of this very thing.
So, hopefully this weekend we get started in planning for our future. There is so much we want to do.
I was telling hubby, we've never had this in our entire adult life. That we can go wherever we want to go, that we can pretty much do (within reason of course) whatever we want to do.
We've never had that. When we were kids and we were dating we followed what our parents told us to do.
Then hubby got into the military and what did we do? We went and did whatever the military told us to do. We don't know any other way and while its kind of exhilarating its also kind of scary.

Yesterday at the clinic was something else! The lady there was asking me "what kind of program did you go through? Did you go through AA? Did you work the Steps?
And I actually just shook my head and announced "nope. I just belong to a online group and I have been seeing a therapist". She just looked stunned and announced "Wow! You did it by yourself? No detox? No programs?"
Now I think she was playing it up a bit but still, it was a huge compliment.

At the gym yesterday I came to a realization. Kind of an epiphany.
I know why my workouts have kind of lost their fizz. My energy there doesn't seem as UP as it used to be.
I'm not as angry anymore as I used to be. I still have my pet peeves but the anger I used to have following me around like a lost puppy is gone. Therefore I don't have the motivation as much to punish myself on the elliptical machine or what not.
Yesterday I only came to that realization when I was working with my trainer, I was so worried/stressed/concerned about the retirement bit, so I used that to give me an extra push (hence the reason I'm super sore today)
It sounds rather hokey but I think through my journey towards sobriety, I have found peace.

Well, I have loads of other sh*t to do.
Still here and still sober.