View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
jodie...while coming from dysfunction sets up dysfunction, at some point we have to take responsibility for our own choices. and stop and say, dang, i keep picking the same kind of guy....hmmm, i wonder what i can do to CHANGE that? you are not some mindless drone with no choices....now that you are seeing the patterns, YOU can DO something about it. otherwise you are playing victim and saying you are helpless against what you do.....

Ah yes zoso, we ALL have to take responsibility for our actions. Two wrongs do not EVER make a right.

I have noticed that everything has changed about my thinking since step four, and I really think (oh god Im taking others inventory and this is sooooo wrong!!!! But darn it Im gunna say it) I observe that many, many codies do not work the steps, or they stop at step three. They are so darn prideful that they wont look in the mirror and fess up to their own shortcomings. The addict is the only problem, they play victim. I know you dont, but I see many posters who do avoid looking at themselves. They dont take a motivational inventory every day. They are righteous because they dont use drugs.

I am going crazy in my brain right now because I am codependent and future tripping. I stumbled or am stumbling because of my issues. Freaking out for no reason.
Anyhow... Im quacking, sorry.

But Im frustrated with the forum lately. This is not a place to sit and b!tch about our addict on some kind of witch hunt. It is a place to look at ourselves and improve our lives

:horse