Thread: Fallen
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

As an adult in my right mind, when I took that first drink again, I never thought I was about to fall. And afterwords, I didn't think I had fallen.
I had decided to take a chance. Again, hoping and working hard towards the goal that nothing bad would happen this time, because I wanted the pleasure very strongly (Beast strongly), but I didn't want the negatives. So, when I came out the other end of the drunk, and waited to see what chips would fall, I felt relief if none did, and IT would bide time until convincing me to make the next gamble.

Usually it worked out OK. But these episodes didn't help me towards quitting for good. It was only when bad things happened while drinking that my better thinking would jerk forwards towards knowing, even more-so, that I really ought to quit for good. AVRT wasn't around at the time, and it took some serious bad things to happen for me to finally decide to quit for good. If AVRT had been put in front of me, I might have quit earlier. I don't really know.

So, my philosophy is not to hope anything bad happens to you so that you might quit sooner, but that maybe you will find some information here useful, and to hope that you achieved what you wanted while "in the cups" (as they used to say in early America).