View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
azureseas

recommend this book

I was still drinking until a few days ago, haven't been posting - would start writing something, feel unable to express what i wanted to say and abandon it, kind of how I approach lots of things
anyone else here like that? seem to of read that a few times of late that perfectionism is a dream killer - and now i realize its not really perfectionism but an excuse

I'm half way through a book that is really inspiring me called Finding Ultra by Rich Roll.
I have always had an interest in health which is ironic knocking back too much wine (at least it has the good natural phenols and polyphenols right)
Its by a former alcoholic that is now a top vegan insurance athlete and didn't start the health kick till he was 40, he's not all hard core about the vegan thing but a really cool evolved guy
The first half of the book goes over his life of how he was a shy kid, kind of an outsider and that when he discovered drinking it made him fell normal and confident, there are so many things he writes about that are exactly the way I am, he was a heavy drinker which lead to a stint in rehab
So I highly recommend this book, its helped push me into deciding not to drink again (I did have 15 months under my belt until 9 months ago)
here is a link to an interview with him: Rich Roll Interview - YouTube