View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
munchkin05

Cool Kim and yes, I will keep your Dad in my prayers definitely. Susquehanna this time. Easy since it's so close to us. It means between pack time/drive time and set up time we have a turnover of about 2 hours or so. The trick to this one (and the next few) is simply to re-practice everything we use to be super good at that we've gotten rusty with. Plus this time we'll be workng on repairs and mods to the camper. I've got some things to do, hubby too. We'll be hiking, biking and what not but not as massively as usual. All good because temps are supposed to be in the mid 60s which to hubby and I will feel good but I can imagine DS will wimp out and keep going right back into the camper to play with legos. Oh and boy oh boy have we gotten a few extras lately. Memory foam for our bed, spare tire for the camper, I ordered a BAL leveler that is kind of like a wheel chock. We have a few civilian style MRE's for nights when we don't have time to cook (like when we first arrive and are in a serious hurry), and to top it all off, MIL is going to make us brand new curtains after we buy some material here soon. Probably at Joanns because I don't think Wallyworld will have the type of fabric I'm looking for.
Oh and looky looky what I got today!
I got DS a teensy tiny little swiss army knife but I got me a S&W M&P SWMP4L. This one is a lot sharper than my other one which has been dulled so much because I use it when we go hiking, I use it when we're just camping, I use it when we move and I have to cut into boxes, etc etc. While this doesn't have all the gadgets it is wicked sharp. I just have to get more comfortable with it.
Oh and tomorrow guys DH should be finding out if he made the E7 list or not. Not certain if I want him to make it considering some news that we found out today. Can't go into details due to OPSEC, hubby could even barely tell me anything over the phone today.
But it kind of boils down to "if he makes e7 he might be deployed here really soon, if he doesn't then we'll be out of the army here really soon" Hard to say which one I prefer. I've been through deployments but I would hate to go through one here.
So anyhoo. Whatever. We'll see what happens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
swmp knife.jpg (89.4 KB, 42 views)