Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bemyself

Hi Big,

I'm glad you posted on this dilemma; I relate A LOT to all you say - about your single living situation, working from home (not that I do that now, or work at all, but I did so in my own small research / analysis biz a couple of years ago), depression, over thinking leading to decisional paralysis (:-)).....

I'm not able to suggest what you could, should, ought or even might do. Except to say: from having read your story a fair bit in past posts, it sounds to me like you truly are one of those people who can get themselves off to another country and culture and then just wing it: i.e. be thoroughly open to whatever comes, by immersing yourself in it. It just seems / sounds to me like you're blessed in that inner gift. Maybe, then, your intuition - about just having a go at this volunteer aid situation, which is only short term anyway - is 'right' for you, now.

Of course, me being a worry wart / over thinker too, I'd say it would be great if you're able to hang on to your current apartment, so there's somewhere to come home too? If not: THAT'S when such decisions - which many more settled people don't really understand - become a bit fraught. in the end, though, yeh, do you go with your traveller heart? Or your just-staying heart?

I get it! I believe you'll make the choice and then go with what happens next, whichever it is. You're a star!