View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Odelle

Originally Posted by Dimlitstar View Post
This is very useful info can anyone give me a list of all the foods one should be eating to beat Post Acute Alcohol Withdrawl?
I am at 8 weeks of sobriety and I am still battling fatigue. I sleep sound 8+ hours per night but still have bouts where I can barely keep my eyes open. I have cut out caffeine (which really helps with reducing anxiety) and fix a smoothie with banana, berries, protein, ground flax and a super greens supplement for breakfast. An alternate could be yogurt with fresh fruit; eggs with toast and fruit, or a high fiber low sugar breakfast cereal. For snacking try to stay with fruits, veggies and nuts. Lunch and dinner should consist of some lean protein, veggies and high complex carbs like beans, brown rice and whole grains. A good example for lunch would be a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, with a side salad. For dinner, I love a large mixed green salad with topped with a grilled chicken breast. Avoid processed food and take-away foods as these are high in fats, sodium, MSG and other additives. Continue drinking lots of water and take a good multi-vitamin daily. For more detailed menu suggestions, take a look at the following link - Recipes by Diet or Food Type | LIVESTRONG.COM. Keep it simple early on until you start feeling more energized. I like making a pot of soup on Sunday which carries over for lunch for several days.

Try to not be discouraged; even with a healthy diet and regular supplements, I am surprised at how long the fatigue has lasted. I look at it as something I have to get through as my body and brain recovers. You definitely are not alone in the plateau!