View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dimlitstar

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
I get days of exhaustion, too. Yesterday I slept in past noon and still went to bed well before midnight!

I did find this bit of advice in an article on the neurochemistry of recovery:

"However, if you want to speed the process a bit, this is possible. The keys to doing this are diet and exercise. To ensure that our bodies have the building-blocks necessary to rebuild depleted neurotransmitters, it is important to eat foods that are rich in the amino acids that are the chemical precursors of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin and endorphins.

The amino acids most helpful in the process of rebuilding depleted neurotransmitters are tryptophan and tyrosine. Foods like turkey, other lean meats, green leafy vegetables and dairy products are rich in these amino acids. The more often one make the choice to eat healthy, fresh foods, the more quickly brain chemistry will attain pre-use levels – and the recovering person will feel better and think more clearly. Moderate, regular exercise speeds the process even more."
This is very useful info can anyone give me a list of all the foods one should be eating to beat Post Acute Alcohol Withdrawl?