View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Marshmallow

Originally Posted by Received View Post
I really think you should listen to your father in law. Please do not use the video to validate your husband's addiction and therefore his manipulation.

We, the addict, are expert manipulators, liars, deceivers, thieves and have learned the art of gas lighting others. Your father in law clearly sees what is going on and has offered you excellent advice, based on experience.

I don't believe you have any idea what you are up against. You must protect yourself. You asked your father in law to help; let him.
What I meant about the video was, it helps me to understand how the drinking and drugs are altering his decisions, and his behavior. The part about how the desire to use begins at a subconcious level within a part of the brain and memory, often triggered by stress.

Its just hard to blindly trust what my father in law is telling me to do. I know that he is being logical, and he is probably right. Its just difficult.

My husband went to work, said he would be back in a couple of hours, and its been like 5 now. Had a long talk with FIL, and he is going to stay until next weekend. I agreed to go back to his original plan, and I packed a bag and will leave for the week, but it is breaking my heart. I have to work the rest of the week, so I had to pack enough to see me through without coming home. Changed the pin numbers, access codes to the bank stuff. He still has access to money in his own individual account, but it doesnt have much there right now. I called the credit cared company, and asked if they could suspend our joint card, didnt know they could do this, but yes they can temporarily.

Something I left out earlier. My husband and i were able to talk some now that his head is more clear. He admitted that he told me a half truth last week. He did get started again he says from an old friend came by work, and he brought the drug, because they used to get high together years ago. BUT it happened over two weeks prior to when he told me. And his business partner knew he was using before he left for his vacation. They did have an argument last week and I dont know where that all stands because he is on vacation still. I have toruble understanding why he would leave when he knew this was going on, but I dont think my husband added the drinking until after their argument.

Im going to try to be strong, and believe this is what is best for us both.