Thread: Awful Day
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Awful Day

Hey guys, having an awful day today. As I've stated before I have a physical disability unrelated to the drinking which causes terrible amounts of fatigue and physical pain. It's awful today, I'm just exhausted, every muscle hurts. It's hard to describe but imagine someone placing a book on your thigh and then standing on it for several hours, a crushing pain but on every muscle. Moving is slow, stiff and unpleasant. This is one of the reasons I end up drinking, because it's a natural pain killer, I can drink, the pain goes off and then I pass out asleep and don't have to suffer. The pain killers I use (non addictive) barely touch the pain.

I'm not someone who has ever suffered depression despite the pain and fatigue but today I just feel awfully down. The last time I was sober for 3 months I had no emotional symptoms but this recent withdrawal threw some of that at me and I guess today the early abstinence mixed with the degree of physical discomfort is just bringing me way way down. I'm feeling sorry for people who suffer depression because it must be awful being like this all the time.

Just had to vent to someone guys, I don't want to depress you all. I won't drink, I know if I do then I'll just end up feeling worse tomorrow and there will be shame on top of it all. But it's very hard to resist when I'm like this.