Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by kyles View Post
I haven't posted here in ages, but I came here today because I'm having issues with moving on and letting go. This was the perfect thread that I needed to read right now, very inspiring, and sort of makes me feel like I have to challenge myself to prove to myself that I can do it too.

LoveMeNow, what you said "cry now because you lost him or cry later because you have him"... is something I've never really heard or thought about, but it's so true and I'm going to repeat that over and over to myself for the time being while I think about how bad I want to be with my AXBF still. As I sit here crying over pictures of him and another girl online...Why do I still have to obsess over him, his use, our relationship. Even when I declared no contact, I caved and was talking to him on a daily basis within a week.
Hi Kylies. I have been thinking about you and your daughter. I am so sorry to read you are still hurting.

I can not take credit for those words. I read it in Jodi's post and copied it to another post because I thought they were very powerful.

I remember when I broke up with my first love after 5 yrs of being inseperable, my mother said something similar to me and it really helped me through my break up with him. Although I ended the relationship, it was still very painful.
I am sorry he is continuing on his path of self destruction, but I am happy to read he will not take you down with him.