View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EverHopeful721

Hang in there, Wing. What everyone says is TRUE - it DOES get better. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, and I know because up until a week ago, I still wanted to cry every second of every day and the only reason I didn't is because I was at work...but as soon as I got in the car at the end of the day, the floodgates opened and I'd cry the whole way home, go to my room, shut the door and cry more. And on the weekends, I would just cry from the time I got up until I went to bed. But this past week was the first week that I really did not cry as much. I still had a lot of moments where my eyes would get teary, but it never evolved into a full-fledged crying jag. And with each day that passes, I feel the urge to cry less and less. Am I still sad, confused, terribly hurt, etc?? ABSOLUTELY. But as the days pass and my head clears more and more from the influence he had over me, I'm starting to see things a LOT more clearly and am starting to be more honest with myself about the TRUTH of what our relationship was, and believe me, it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies the way I tried to convince myself it was!!

As I've read here so many times already, it's like we are getting over our OWN addiction - our addiction to THEM. And yes, in the beginning, it's absolutely AWFUL. But as each day passes, it gets a little better and we get a little stronger. You're still in the early stages of grief - give yourself TIME, as much as you need, to heal and move forward with your life, but this time concentrating on YOU. As someone who just a short week ago thought it would NEVER get better, trust me when I say IT DOES.