View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DaveyT

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this, sadly yes this is a relapse and it's severe by the sounds of it. Your husband is entering the self destructive spiral which is dangerous for any addict. To one degree or another any addict is self destructive but there are levels of it and your husband is showing the worrying signs of an aggressive relapse. If this continues he will likely lose his job and that will only make things worse for him and of course you.

The reason he cries afterwards is because he's genuinely ashamed of his behaviour towards you and he's ashamed he's using again, at least that is how I view it. When he tells you that he doesn't know what he's doing, well that's a worry because maybe it's a sign of a mental collapse. I would get on the phone to his therapist and inform them of what is going on.

You should absolutely not have to be scared of someone you love, if it has gotten to that level you need to tell him. I know that's really hard but maybe it will help to snap him out of it. He has no right to make you a victim of his problem and you should not feel guilty kicking him into touch. Tell him that he must see his therapist because this can't continue anymore.

Sometimes tough love is the only option. Please keep us updated of your situation.