Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Vale

Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
I woke up this morning just crying, crying, crying. Yelling at God, wanting to die. I gave been through too much. My first divorce with a sex addict (who slept with my friends and neighbors) sent me to the ER because of severe depression and anxiety. Then I meet my xafiance and now he dumps me and moves on. I used to have a healthy self esteem; I am a model, make-up artist and have been on TV as well on a big/national show that I won't disclose. Yet I feel horrible inside, abandoned, rejected, dead. None of the things that should give me confidence make me feel any better, instead I feel even like a bigger loser. Because I gave all I had to him/them. Initial I was "all they dreamed of", "a dream girl" etc then they both lost interest. Discarded me. And now my brother stays in contact w my xafiance and they are buddy-buddy and go out and drink and do drugs together. My brother is an addict too....coke, opiates, alcohol. My older brother died in an accident when he was on drugs. I've just been through too much and don't have the strength anymore.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You DO have the strength.You are here posting.The lurker/poster ratio on SR
is HUGE.Noone 'determines' your self worth......

YOU DO.

Addiction is like a vicious,cruel,mean animal that terrorizes peaceful
neighborhoods of people just trying to live out their lives.It thrives on the
terror and discord like a thief waving their pistol around at terrified people
whilst robbing a store.

Meanwhile,the SWAT team (SR) is just outside the store,with high
powered weapons---just waiting for the smallest opportunity.

So read,and post.There are far more good people in this world than those
stuck on an aberrant track.Laugh at those who tell you different.

Make space between you and this addiction scourge.

It's hard,takes tenacity,and is WORTH IT.