Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by RobbyRobot
Like I said, I'm amazed at just how much people say they just want to quit and get on with their lives, yet they really don't want to talk about their lives, they would much rather talk about quitting, like as if their lives were secondary.
I do talk alot about my life. In several other areas of SR I write about my newfound love of running. I talk about my children. In the women's forum we talk about everything from menopause to merkins (lol). I even share very personal relationship/sexual issues with a couple of trusted members through PM. But you know what, not everyone is like me (or you). They don't want, like, or need to delve deeply into their lives in a public manner. It is not everyone's style and it is my personal opinion that to insinuate in any way that someone must share openly about their struggles in the name of rigorous honesty can indeed be harmful for some. Not everyone digs that and it does not benefit everyone.

One cannot build a quality life while addicted. Again, this is my personal opinion, but those in the throes of addiction need specific information pertaining to quitting first and foremost, they don't need me blathering on about my life. After people quit, that's when it's usually a good time to start putting sh*t back where it belongs in life (ie improving one's quality of life). That can be done here at SR, or at church, or at dance class, or around the dinner table with the family, on other forums, at the gym, at work, on the cushion, and so on and so on and so on...