Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MagRich

Update on day 2! Feeling a little better, less shakey and more clear headed. I tried yesterday to stay active, but take it easy too. I also tried to eat right, which is something that's fallen by the wayside.

I didn't get very far in the RR book yesterday as my mind was racing, shaking, hard to concentrate and actually read the words. I just could not sit still long enough. I was very anxious. Watched "the voice" with my kids and just curled up in a fuzzy blanket most of the night. I didn't have much trouble sleeping because I was so exhausted from the anxiety from day and also just coming off of a binge. I did have pretty bad night sweats though.

I didn't smoke yesterday, but ended up reasoning with myself that with the anxiety that I felt I would wait and quit smoking at a later date when my head and body were more equipped to handle tackling that beast. My usual pack a day is only @ 3 so far today. Hoping to keep it at 5 or below.

Thanks for the help, encouragement and suggestions yesterday. I'm putting my detox out there so that it will hopefully help others as it helps me as well. I have a long way to go, but I'll get there.

I will say this about the meetings...one thing that they did provide for me is to show me how far I could fall if I don't handle this. I was sitting beside many who had lost so much. People without licenses who just dreamed of getting things ironed out to be able to get a car. I have alot to be fortunate for and I want to fight for that while I still have it.

Thanks again for reading and I do appreciate any input that you have for me.