Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

What each of us come to believe in is of course a matter of choices made to realize our beliefs. Our experiences inform us and guide us in the making of our choices, for better or worse, we can only at best do our very best, and all other efforts beyond our best is nothing more then our vanity playing us for the fool.

Addiction is a controversial subject, creating different schools of thought to understand and define what addiction is and is not. Likewise for recovery and being recovered. Many worthy discussions around the world are yet to happen, and the future is bright with those discussions and discoveries. The final page has not been written on addiction/recovery discussions.

I like this thread, it opens ideas into another honest arena for free discussion, within the standard rules of SR. There are many threads all doing the same on SR of course. SR is a cornucopia of real life experiences. We're all fortunate to have free access to such wonderful knowledge and wisdom from so many good-hearted persons.

I suppose this thread has been successful enough in it's purposes, and I'm grateful. I also suppose this thread is awkward and lumbering in its efforts to bring answers to questions both asked and not asked, and for some, best not wanted to be asked from the start.

For me, quality of life is everything. There is no substitute for quality. None. When life has lost its saltiness, then for me anyways, life becomes a drag and worse. I enjoy the differences of my successes and failures. One without the other would cause my life to be meaningless and worse.

I'm always amazed how quickly some people decide they have the answers simply because they have someone else, or two or three, be in agreement with themselves. I'm not being critical here, just commenting how often some people will speak not from their own experiences, but from their own collective projections of those missing experiences. I'm speaking now about quality of life experiences.

I'm not interested in a debate or argument of what defines quality of life. I am interested in a discussion of how quality of life experiences themselves provide more answers to more questions then any other resource imaginable.

Getting clean and staying clean is a beginning, and not an end itself, imo. Life in abundance requires more then what is commonly asked for quality to be spontaneously created. If all we do is simply only what we ask of ourselves, for me anyways, that is same as epic fail in my books.

I know many don't agree, no problemo.