View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
jkb

Well Non-
just to throw my two cents in here about positivity... I believe it is vital in recovery. My beast really likes to play the "I am depressed, life sucks game". I refuse to partake in that game because without any doubt I know where it leads me. Just read my thread. It was: I am depressed, now I am more depressed and now I am a loser who drank. I dont have a new thread but it would read: Maybe I am depressed but not dwelling on it and I am still sober.
As to the second part of the thread when does "recovery" begin... I think counting days since the very last drink is a bunch of bull**it. For me ONLY my recovery began when I decided to change my life. That was on 2/4/13. I wanted a better life and knew a big part of that was not drinking. I also knew I had to "throw on my big girl pants" (as soberlicious put it) in a lot of other aspects of my life. No more lying, cheating, avoiding OR drinking. Yeah I screwed up and drank but, I did not fall back into all my old ways. So, FOR ME 2/4/13 is a very important day where as 3/13/13 is a "true" sobriety day. Just my thought. There is so much great info on here... great thread.