View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
fini

Plan was: drink, get drunk, watch TV, pass out. No redeeming value in that whatsoever.

yes. i used to make similar plans. of course. at times. other times were non-planned routine.

in any case, what ended up spending lots of time grappling with is this: why do i make a plan that i know has no redeeming value whatsoever?
why would i "choose" to do something that gives me nothing but negatives? that is indeed truly insane!

the choices there come down to this, far as i can see: either i haven't seen or been honest enough to acknowledge the benefit i do get from it, or i am insane.

did i get benefit? sure i did: "get me out of here" is what it mostly can be boiled down to. what bemyself put a bit differently as "i couldn't stand my thoughts and feelings"(sorry if i misquote).
on the other hand, much longer was the trek i had to take through the choice-thing.
when you find yourself making a plan to do something of absolutely no redeeming value, surely there are some questions to be asked of yourself?