Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by fini View Post
okay so...yeah, i can "get" your view/experience of it as the sober mind taken over, but then my question is this: if your alcoholic mind is asleep and un-empowered then your AV is coming from...uh...?

i hope you get what i'm asking, cause i'm not sure myself just what that is. grrr.
You know, sometimes "sureness" can be troublesome to innovation, so don't sweat being unsure, as there is also value in uncertainty, yeah?

AVRT is a thinking technique very useful in becoming indifferent to addictive desires. Addictive Voice is a phenomenon of having my own thoughts copied and pasted back to me in such a fashion as to leverage my Beasts desire for alcohol to invite me to pick up that drink.

AV is a normal thing, not unhealthy in itself, since it represents a kind of primal survival drive. The Beast is an abnormal "extra", if you will, desire for alcohol which otherwise is hiding inside/behind that otherwise healthy normal desire drive. Alcohol the drug obviously cannot simply be drank as a means to satisfy survival drives, it simply won't bring success for survival, as we all know from personal experience. With AVRT, alcohol is the ideal "solution" to satisfy my Beast/AV, and my AV is the only cause of the addiction.

Okay.

My alcoholic mind is itself a sickness that feeds off my otherwise healthy sober mind, exhausting it, using it, defeating it, destroying it. My alcoholic mind exists within my alcoholic illness, and my illness feeds off of my healthy mind, body, spirit. This feeding is chronic and can (will) eventually be fatal to me if not checked.

Since alcoholism is defined, for me, as an illness of mind, body, and spirit, no "cure" exists which answers for my holistic sum of mind, body, and spirit.

So we can easily see AVRT has no relationship with alcoholism whatsoever. AVRT is nothing more then an excellent thinking technique to simplify separation of addictive desire so as to more easily achieve permanent abstinence.

My being recovered from my alcoholism illness involves my entire psyche, body, and spirit. My alcoholism illness has nothing to do with primal survival drives.

So, my AV then is any (past, present, future) thought, image, feeling which suggests any future drinking. AVRT is the total cure to my AV. Eventually, I have become so indifferent to my AV that I can detect my AV without stress or struggle. My AV looks to me as obviously as rainfall does on a sunny day.

Now, because I wholly subscribe to the unique AA definition of alcoholism, my AV is constantly chattering on about my personal understandings, lol. No matter. I deal with it, no problemo. I enjoy the tensions and energies created as a resultant of my beliefs.

Did this help in understanding what your asking? I'm enjoying our discussions. Thank you.