Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wing
IsItAlright

Help - difference between user and addict?

Dear members,

Brief story -
I'm confused. I came to this forum a year ago after breaking up with bf who was using cocaine. Things turned really bad and ended with police as we fight at his house. At that time, I thought he's alcohol ate and cocaine addict as he kept telling me that he needed help and needed fresh start but he had been using drugs since 11 year old starting from weed.

We went no contact since Feb last year. But in the end of July, he contacted and apologized. Everybody told me not to see him. But I finally did. And we got back together. He said that he changed and cut doen a lot. He said that he just used recreationally, not often. And claim that he has job and function well.

But since we got back together, it was roller coaster.
- there were 3 times when he got so drunk, he called dealer in front of me and wanted to show me that its not big deal and he could still work next day. I pleaded and cried and yelled and threaten to go to dealer with him.

- his cocaine and alcoholic fren moved into the house as this guy doesn't have enough money.

- many times he promised to come home early but ended up home at 5 or 6 am. Took friends home and snorted coke.

- I found rolled money nite with cocaine powder twice. Found the lemony little plastic bags dunno how many times. There was once he even picked up and said 'emm what is this?!' How funny? Even me as non user could recognize that bag because of him.

- there was once, I wanted to snort coke in front of me, I threaten to cute my wrist with broken glass if he did. He took the glass from me and put the whole cocaine bag into his mouth and chewed. His flatmate was shocked and told him not. But then, this flatmate bursted into laugh and said its awesome. I was the one who worried and cried

- he blamed me for bring crazy, idiot, *******, piece of **** etc whenever we argued. And said that he's not addict. And said I imagined him as a horrible person who made my life miserable.

- it seems to me that he put his addict fren in priority over me. He would prefer having dinner with him even they had been staying together drinking for already 30 hrs and missed the job coz of hangover.

- he's absent from work becoz of hangover 3 times a month. And get diarhea for 2 days afterward. At first, he said its food poisoning. But I observed and found out it just happened everytimes after hangover (or cocaine high)?

- several times when we argued, he told me to pack and leave no matter what time it is. And there was once he broke the electric socket, tv, tore down the door of wardrobe and broke them into 2 piece. I was so scared and packed n left. When he calmed again the other day, he messages me again and I got back.. Am I sick?

***** on Wed, I was choked and hit against the wall. ****
I was urging him to come home as he totally relapsed... Drinking almost everynite for 2 weeks. He got back but continued drinking with flatmate. I was sooo angry and he came to explained and said I didn't put myself in his shoes. And claimed that he didnt do coke. He went to bed at 4am. I couldn't sleep and texted my frens with anger. He woke up at 4:30 masturbating! Wtf. It happened a few times after he snorted coke. I said u definitely had snorted coke. We argued. He suddenly jumped up at threw my stuffs out of my bag to get his house key back. Told me to pack and leave. It's 4:50am!!!

I felt insulted and slapped his face and threw a glass. He coked my neck and pushed me against the wall. The back of my head got hit and swollen. I sit down and cried. He took pic of me to humiliate me. I threw more glasses and I went emotionally broken down.

We both called police. His fren came out from room and said I was crazy, psycho. Etc..

This is common for user? Or Addict?