Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

"The Thing in Itself." Yes, the alcoholic mind is not a thing in itself. It is not wholesome and healthy, as is a sober mind. The alcoholic mind is a sober mind taken over and made to submit to alcoholic madness and alcoholic illness.

Alcoholism illness empowered my alcoholic mind, and now it really can't, since my alcoholism is arrested and my alcoholic mind is asleep, that is, it is un-empowered.

My alcoholic illness is of mind, body, and spirit. I know of no realized cure for my illness. I can live with it being in remission, held in remission, and happily so by the health of my sober mind, body, and spirit.

I can't get into the exact step mechanics in this forum, but we all know my practice of the AA program affords me the required sober health to keep my alcoholism illness arrested.

Absolutely contingent on my spiritual health? In a word: NO.

For me, my spiritual health is contingent on my continued non-drinking sober lifestyle. First came quitting drinking, then came sobriety in my mind and body, then came the awesome unlimited spiritual power of my HP.

My HP serves spiritual sobriety. I do not serve my HP. I enjoy a spiritual freedom, I am not a slave to my own understanding of my spiritual freedom. I have made choices. Here I am. Sober minded and alcohol free.