View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
misspond

Originally Posted by Karissaleigh View Post
I can't shake this problem. It is a problem. I had gone on vacation with the boyfriend to visit his parents and where he grew up. This is my first time on a vacation since I have stopped drinking. It was hard having one on one time with the parents, I was so afraid of making a good impression, I ended up fumbling over my words and sweating a lot... Literally. The hardest part was meeting his friends. In our relationship, we have made our friends, and everything is familiar to me... Stepping into his past, and where he came from was not familiar, and uncomfortable. I found upon the 2nd meeting of his friends was better for the most part. It's easy for me to automatically look at everything that I do not possess and how great everyone else is.
To be fair I think that many people have difficulty in this kind of situation, meeting the family and friends acquired before your relationship with a loved one, but deeps breaths, smile and just be yourself. There's no need to be concerned about such a natural emotion as mild anxiety/will they like me?