SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Is this progress?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Geralt
Argonaut

Originally Posted by DaveyT View Post

Yeah I've read about this now and I'm happy to say I'm not suffering the effects. From what I've read it results in a worsening of withdrawal symptoms during each withdrawal. I have been lucky in that my 2 day binge resulted in a much shorter withdrawal with less severe effects.

Of course I'm sure if I keep drinking then kindling will rear it's nasty little head. Definitely something to avoid. Sober is the only way forward.
I don't want to scare you, but the effect of kindling adds up over time. If you had a shorter binge with less alcohol, then your withdrawal will be less worse that a previous longer binge with more alcohol. But in the end the tendency is that the withdrawals with be longer and more serious.

Just like you said, sober is the only way forward. And being sober is fun too 6 in the morning here, woke up, not from the shakes and with a hangover but from the alarm clock. Enjoying the sunrise with a tea. Going to pick my mother up from the airport in an hour. Who could have thought I could do those things when drinking.

Stay sober and you will see a lot of positive changes: your overall health, your mental state, relationships with others
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Geralt For This Useful Post:
DaveyT (03-24-2013), Fandy (03-22-2013), Nonsensical (03-23-2013), RobbyRobot (03-22-2013)