Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
losteverything

snowbunting, I think it was a kind of tongue in cheek comment, not meant to take the **** out of you.....
I would agree, as a younger person, I would have had a blast just being a kid..alcohol was the furthest from my mind..I would build forts, climb trees etc..
As a teenager, we explored alcohol, and thats when things took off for me. My friends would party on weekends, but I always had to have the most..and mostly handled it the best.. Big red flag..
Now that I am sober? I am still trying to find the "Fun" things to do, while not drinking. I think we have associated fun with drinking for so long, that we sort of forgot that drinking wasn't always there while we were having fun. In the end, I know that drinking was anything but fun for me. So, I am re-learning how to have fun. I love my dog, biking, going to the gym, walking in nature, I enjoy my morning coffee without feeling hung over... My future plans are to stay sober and enjoy what comes my way, and be grateful...because going back to drinking is willing myself back into the desperate He{** I couldnt live in anymore...
Welcome to SR...I wish you the very best on your path with Sobriety...