Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Darthbubster

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I recommend everyone should see their Dr before embarking on a course of supplements.

Whats worked for others may not work or even be suitable for you.

D
I do agree with you on that Dee. Especially with the herbs like Valerian root and milk thistle. Though Potassium is an essential in every persons diet. Drinking alcohol washes it from your system very quickly. Ever notice the cramps in your body. Muscle spasms? I had them so bad I would grab my can of beer and my hand would tense up to the point that I would practically start to crunch the can in my hand. Potassium controls so many things in the body. It is one of the electrolytes, the brain signals in your body are all done with electric signals. Being potassium deficient makes the fluid in your brain less able to conduct the electricity needed for brain signals to function. It also works with sodium to control how your body displaces fluid. Once i went close to a week without being able to urinate after a spree. Drinking a gallons of water over and over. I went to the hospital and they gave me a potassium IV and next thing i knew, my blood pressure was normal and i could not stop peeing. And most of my withdrawal symptoms diminished. They told me in the emergency room that my potassium levels had become dangerously low. Had my sister not taken me to the hospital that day and i had gone to sleep, I may not have waken up. Those were scary days. But of course, I did not learn my lesson. After a week of feeling good, it was time for a reward drink... I am sure you know where that went....