View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
TonyF

Originally Posted by MentalLoop View Post
Tony - being very familiar with the Indian culture - wife from there although born abroad, and having travelled there for work - I must say that your command of English/American colloquialisms is absolutely astounding. I know this is not an education thing, as I compare to employees of all ranks including the CEO's / CFO's of TCS, Infosys, iFlex, etc. How'd you pick it up?
Thank you. I speak on Skype to a lot of westerners- I make my income on the internet so possibly due to that. I'm a 9th grade dropout for the record but I guess I can call myself my own CEO

As for my situation I am still floundering. I had almost 2 months sober then went to back to "casual" drinking, and and it got bad again. Trying to quit once again now and start working out and find other ways to have fun.

The one thing I did learn about myself was that socializing is probably a bad idea for me when sober, because when I used to hang out in coffeeshops and with sober people in the time that I was sober- I always dwelt on the negative vibes; jealousy (from others), paranoia (my own), boredom & so forth. This time around I'm going to avoid hanging out with other people for extended periods of time and try to do more activities solo. I will still have interactions but not for more than an hour at a time. I will also avoid building on relationships and instead try to meet more, newer people.

Thank you all for your support. Today is day 4. I usually cave in between days 10-14.