Old 03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Spantoh

Any advice for a New Jersey SO whose mate is in allll the way in Florida for a month?

Hi all,

Not sure which section this should be in so please, forgive me..

I was in a 7 year relationship, close to marriage when I found out she had a painkiller problem. After a few stints at NJ rehabs she finally went to Florida for what is going to be at least a month, could be 3.

Needless to say, I am quite worried and moreso frightened. My heart swells with pride that she finally decided to "go away" as in the beginning she did not want to leave NJ. It has been 2 weeks and I am pretty upset. I have been focusing on myself since the addiction came to light (which was over 7 months ago) but seeing her go after sharing a special moment (saying our I love you's, etc.) the day of her departure is tough for me. I realize I should be elated that she is taking the right steps but I am so frightened that A) she will not come back home to NJ and B) that I will become a memory.

Needless to say, she means the world to me and our relationship has survived this long even after a break of about 2 months. I am not familiar with the protocol of institutes such as the one she is at and have not heard from her either in letter (which we said we would send back and forth) nor phone.

Thanks to all who have read this far and have any advice.

Best,
Spanty