View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Mizzuno)) - I was hired for a job that stressed "you are ONLY part time, you will not receive a lot of hours".

I was unemployed for 6 months, something was better than nothing. After a few months of working 56-60 hours/week, they have now cut mine (and everyone else's) hours to 32/week. Can't pay bills on that amount, not going to work.

I've built up a good reputation with this company and my clients. I'm getting work on the side.

Will it be what I need? I have no idea. I just know that for today? It's okay.

FWIW, I have a lot of bad references from the days when I was using. I recently finished school in another area and it's not what I'm doing now.

I need all the GOOD references I can get. Reliable, dependable? Oh yeah, I need all of those recommendations to counteract the "no, we would not rehire her" references from back when I was using.

I'm not saying stick with this job. I'm just pointing out how I've gone about doing something that's not in my area, not providing the hours I need (though it did for a while). I've gotten some really good references from this job that wasn't going to give me what I needed.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy