Thread: Domino's thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Dominorose View Post
Thank you

I read some posts on the AVRT thread, and something came up : I feel like I need to read EVERYTHING about the concept of RR. At the beginning, I read "Brain over binge" by Kathryn Hensen, it was one year ago and it helped a lot... But I chose to relapse, and was back into the vicious cycle again.

So I decided to read Trimpey's book, "The new cure", and finished it two days ago. It gave me more "practical tools" to use everyday, so I'm glad I read it. But somehow, I feel I need to read everything about it, for example, the 4 threads on AVRT, and other forums/websites/blogs talking about it, just to have all the tools I could need. And I find this exhausting. Sometimes I just would like to stop thinking about the Beast and enjoying a good movie, but no, I just force myself to read everything so I could do everything in my power to stop my addiction.

Is it the AV ?
You've got the book and have read it, so you don't need to read anything else and you can use the book for reference. So, yes, IT is probably looking for contradictions and flaws that you know don't exist in AVRT. Particularly revealing is the idea of your binging on AVRT. Maybe by binging IT will get you to reject it all, a little later.