Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
This is what I have been doing. One of you brilliant people was supposed to have created a short poignant phrase that simultaneously soothes and dispels the mythical aura of the folding chairs. I can't believe you've let me down like this.

Is it too early for jokes? It might be too early for jokes. Sorry.

I APPRECIATE you guys and gals.

Where I come from, it's not too early for jokes. For some folks, its always too early. Meh.

Well, as someone who sat his own time, by choice, in those folding chairs, I did myself a favor. If nothing else I learned what not to do in many interesting and important instances. We all know I'm not a poster boy for whatever, and I like to find what works for me, and I'm not afraid to find out for myself what that is, wherever it may be, and to hell with rhetoric from whatever camp attempting to dissuade me from checking things out firsthand no less. Nothing beats real experience.

It's my life, and I'll play the cards to dealt to me as I say so. When I don't like the hand dealt, I fold. There is always a new deal coming up. Just like cards, life is more about real choices, and less about endless guesses. I play to win, not just to show. In my non-drinking sober lifestyle, there is no 2nd place option.

Although I haven't always agreed with your "experimental-we'll-see-what-is-what-and-take-it-from-there" ways, Paul, I absolutely respect your choices to be "yourself" and your "who's life is it anyways?" attitude towards permanent abstinence/recovery/recovered lifestyle choices.

Stand tall, buddy.