Old 03-17-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mcpreng

Exclamation The patch - but having cravings for EVERYTHING else

So, I've been wanting to quit smoking for quite some time now. I got the patch because it is on my insurance for free (very nice). And because I have tried the gum and cold turkey and those methods I didn't like very much. I have to say so far the patch is really nice because it is a consistent amount of nicotine that I don't control. It's enough for me not to be craving to smoke all the time (even though I definitely have moments during the day that I want a smoke). My biggest problem is I am getting used to not smoking as something to do. But a really interesting thing has popped up. I am also an addict/alcoholic and have 6 months clean. I have not been having any issues with cravings or anything of that nature until I put on the patch. Now here is the weird part, even if I DO NOT want a cigarrett I will get a craving out of no where for some random drug. Lately it has been either pot (which is not a drug I was even doing when I last active it was more so when I was in high school). And then of course I have been having cravings for my DOC, coke. It's so bizarre but I guess it makes a little sense. Has anyone else experienced this when they tried to quit smoke? I guess it gets better with time right?

MC