Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
fini

this whole SR thing is too busy and fast for me! i'm used to fewer people expressing fewer "thoughts" more slowly...no matter, i'll just lag as i'm attempting to articulate what i'm thinking.
if this gets too off-topic, please direct me somewhere else. (i'm also used to threads wandering-meandering all over the place from the start-topic)
anyway: interesting you bring up soul, Rob, as i was thinking of that, also. don't see it like Jung does, though, related to 'personality'. see it more as a mix of imminence and transcendent, but that's really neither here nor there.
okay, i think i get how you see psyche and how that works for you as "inside job". and i'm not sure where exactly i got the idea that HP isn't just supposed to be greater than me, but also external as in transcendent, which stumps so many, as it leads to "empowerment/disempowerment" confusions.
personally, i have no trouble accepting many "entities" (entirely the wrong word) as greater than me that are not theistic or even spiritual; time comes to mind quite easily.
but it doesn't address the "inside job".
hm.
must think more. sit with it. is there somewhere else in SR where people are talking about internal HP? huh? still have difficulty....LOVE difficulty, actually

bemyself, 'mind weeds'...yeah, that's a good one. am not very familiar with Buddhism, but have read enough to have come across the no-self and monkey mind, and hungry ghosts and...
hm. but BIG MIND ...i don't suppose it "resides" anywhere, so it would be neither internal nor external as really these are artificial when there is no self...is that what you're saying?

who's/what's JT?

thanks, all, for helping me with my questions.