Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

I appreciate your obvious sincerity, fini. It's awesome to see you stand against your struggles even when some doubts are about. Well done.

For me, imagination is an excellent "go-to" resource when all else is coming up unsatisfied. Imagination is a powerful and often under-appreciated "thinking tool" to bring to the table along with reason, logic, intution, science, experience, etc.

Just some background now, from me about me. I've spent collectively, several years in plaster casts from toe to chest in childhood and into my late teenage years. Only my upper shoulders, arms, and head would be free. My left leg below my knee too. My longest stint was like almost 9 months bed-ridden. I was 12. I actually outgrew it and had to have a replacement. This particular surgical "mistake" eventually ended up with me having my amputation as a correction to that "mistake" more then 40 years later.

Anyways, after a time, you kinda go bonkers, you know, just laying there. I could not even attend school. I missed the entire 8th grade. I was home-schooled by a teacher provided by the schoolboard: Mrs. Todd. I remember her well. A wonderful person, an older experienced teacher, and just a great person. Jjust to say, I also missed almost the entire 5th grade too. Or was it the 4th, lol.

Kids and imagination go hand in hand, yeah? Kids don't stop to wonder if they have step acrossed a boundary and into imagination -- they just follow the money. As kids grow up they of course learn that certain imaginations will always remain so, even if they were once understood as factual. Life is just like that, and we're all the better for it.

Sometimes though, the windows into imagination can be too soon closed, or otherwise the curtains called into function, and doing what curtains do, the window is now not really a window, but more something else altogether in appearance and function on simple observance.

After a time, quite a few windows can get re-assigned in one's mind, and soon enough a kind of darkness decends and prevails. Sometimes the darkness is enough to seek out a singularity of a new light source which will once and for all provide sustained illumination.

And sometimes, no singularity is discoverd. And sometimes, a singularity is discovered. Almost always, robust imagination played an essential part of every known advance in human history across all disciplines and societies within civilizations.

I myself make abundant use of my skills with imagination. I'm not alone in this of course. Many famous, and even infamous individuals used imagination time and again with great success. And likewise, so too just the regular guy.

Originally Posted by fini
if it were all internal, it would be "me-sized" or smaller
My psyche is absolutely paradoxically infinitely much greater in breadth and depth than "I" am. Yes, I am of course my psyche, yet I am not able to be aware of my entire psyche in any one moment. My psyche surpasses me. Totally. I'm much smaller then I appear to be even to myself, lol.

Actually, I have a theory, that some folk bind up their internal windows so has to limit their own awareness to just how huge a human psyche actually is: this done so that they can "honestly" say to themselves certain "points of interest" are nothing more then just fairy-tales and childish stories of yesterday's news.

Ignorance is often its own best company. And arrogance is often enough just an over-grown bully looking for fresh meat. Humans are as humans do, yeah?

So, for me, fini, everything you need to be you is already inside YOU. In my mind, same for everyone. In me, I found my AA HP, even though I was totally agnostic, there it was all the same.

Thanks, fini. Great discussion.