Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Within the AA model, one's HP need not be supernatural, but it does need to be outside of oneself. People do it every which way there is...but I'm talking about the HP concept as it is defined by the program.
No. An HP can of course be an entirely inside experience if that is one's understanding. Such an arrangement is entirely accepted within the HP concept as defined by AA.

We can't get into quoting AA steps in this forum, but having said that, an HP is TOTALLY at a members ABSOLUTE personal understanding, as they so see fit to think and believe it is. The general fact that most members simply accept the Christian God as their HP, and that is the generalised popular understanding, does not mean their understanding is "more" AA then any member which doesn't have the Christian God as their HP.

You would be perhaps surprised to know what some people have as HP's and they are very much still AA members.

Didn't you say you knew about AA? Perhaps I'm thinking about someone else. I know you don't do AA program, but I thought you had some relative experiences with AA?