Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
keepingmyjoy1

I am separated from the AH for 7 months (again and for the last time). I have not the slightest desire to date. Maybe that day will come, but I know like I know that I need to be with just me (and my son of course). I am not sure I will ever want to date. I attract people that I never ever want to be with again. 1st husband-abusive, alcoholic, religious nut. Boyfriend after that-found out after a year of being with him that he had arrest in his past for "indecent exposure" (long story there!). Current AH that I am separated from-alcoholic. The first 2, I had no idea until well into the relationships what I was dealing with. With the current AH, I totally ignored the red flags...

Clearly, I am not in the place to attract the right kind of person! But I am ok with that. I love not having the AH compete, yes compete, with my son for my attention. I love finding snippets of time to actually read for fun--not just my self help things. Never had time for that before. I am content to just be me and enjoy life. It's all good.

After reading all of your stories, I am sure not wanting to get "out there" to date any time soon LOL!